Best Ways to Retarget Visitors to Your Website
649 total views, 18 views today
Retargeting, also known as remarketing, helps you keep your brand ahead to your potential customers after leaving your website. This gives you the opportunity to reconnect with thousands of people who visit your website every day but haven’t taken the steps you wanted, like signing an offer or making a purchase.
As per a study, for most websites, only 2% of web traffic is converted to sales on the first visit. Retargeting is a tool designed to help brands and companies reach 98% of other users who don’t convert immediately and retarget them again.
Retargeting works by keeping track of the people who access your website and then showing them your personalized retargeting ads when they browse other websites on the Internet.
When your website visitor fails to convert, your online ads are then repeatedly shown to that visitor when they visit other websites within your retargeting provider’s networks. The visitor has no idea that they are specifically targeted, so this is great for the brand and encourages visitors to come back to your site to take potential action.
Using retargeting, you could potentially put sales back on the table for an extraordinary return on investment.
How Does Retargeting Work?
How it works:
- First, we have to insert a small discrete code also known as a retargeting pixel on the website.
- The code, or pixel, is unnoticeable for visitors to your site and will not affect the performance of your site.
- Every time a new visitor arrives on your site, the code deposits an anonymous browser cookie.
- Subsequently, when cookie visitors browse the web, the cookie will notify your retargeting provider when to show ads, ensuring that your ads are only shown to people who have already visited your site.
Most retargeting marketers see a higher return on investment than most other digital platforms because it is aimed at users who already know your brand or what you have to offer and who have already shown interest and are therefore more likely to convert.
When to Use Retargeting?
- Retargeting is a powerful conversion optimization tool, but it works best if it is part of a larger online strategy.
- Strategies related to content marketing, AdWords, Facebook ads and targeted display ads are ideal for driving traffic, with a new lever to maximize conversions that work best.
- Retargeting generally works best with other content marketing strategies. You can get increased conversions with this technique, but you won’t increase traffic to your site with retargeting alone.
- It’s best to use other marketing tools that already work for you to drive traffic to your site and then integrate retargeting to increase conversions.
The benefit of Retargeting in Brief
As for marketing, it is a widely accepted fact that it is easier to sell to someone who has already utilized services or purchased from you. They know you and your service or product so that you don’t have to cross the “I don’t know you” barrier.
You know that anyone who comes under your retargeting network is a potential customer. They are there because they have shown some kind of interest by visiting your site. When they visit Facebook or other retargeting network sites that display your ads, it takes knowledge and even credibility, because they see, can you everywhere.
Every customer on your website was once a visitor. With just a little effort and creativity, you may convert these visitors into customers. An experienced online marketing agency can help you increase your conversion and prospects.