How to Use Google My Business and Attract More Customers
4,380 total views, 2 views today
What is Google My Business Listing?
Google My Business listing also is known as GMB, in short, is a business listing platform offered by Google that allows your business information to be displayed by Google in a variety of different results.
Google My Business helps businesses to manage their online presence across Google platforms such as Google Maps, Knowledge Graph and Google Search.
In simple terms, Google My Business is a business listing platform offered by Google, but different from other online business directories like Yelp, Justdial, Yellow Pages, etc. Google My Business has a core element of Local SEO services.
The main difference between Google My Business listing and other online directory listing is that your Google business listing will be displayed with detailed information and showcased on different platforms with high online visibility.
Why you should register for Google My Business?
Google My Business is important for businesses if you want to mark your positions in Google Maps and local listing, which in return results in local business queries.
GMB allows customers to leave Google Reviews for businesses which is an important factor for Local SEO rankings.
Google My Business offers a free business listing on its platform. You just need a verified Google account to register for Google My Business.
How can we set up Google My Business profile?
Setting up a Google My Business listing is a very simple process. Here are the steps:
- Visit https://business.google.com/create and log in using your Google account. If you don’t have a Google account, you will need to create a new account.
- After logging in, enter the basic details of your business, like Name of Business, Type of Business, Website URL, Phone Number, Google Map Location, etc.
- Next, take time to review the details you have entered, if everything is good, press “Continue”.
- Next, you will be redirected to “Choose a way to verify” screen. Here you will need to select how to receive your verification code. Mostly, most of the businesses will have to go with the “Postcard by mail” option. In some cases, you can verify your business through email or phone.
- After the verification process, you will be redirected to your Google My Business dashboard. Here you can complete your listing by adding photos, videos, business hours, addresses and other contact information.
What business information can be added to Google My Business listing?
Some of the basic information for Google My Business profile are:
- Business Name
- Business Address
- Business Phone Number
- Official Website URL
- Business Hours
- Type of Business Category
- Google Maps Pin for Business Location
- Business Related Photos and Videos like Logo and Header.
- Additional Details like basic amenities such as Wi-Fi facility, Outdoor Seating, etc.
Getting your business listed on Google My Business is just a beginning. You will need to keep optimizing it on a regular basis if you want to get more out of it. In order to achieve this, you will need to keep updating the listing with new services, products and offers, get more customer reviews, and stay updated with the latest updates of Google My Business features.
If you are running a business, SetBlue can help you scale and manage your Local SEO efforts with its services.