What is Google June 2021 Broad Core Algorithm Update?
1,771 total views, 4 views today
Have you heard about what is Google June 2021 broad core algorithm update? If not, do not panic, in this blog, we will discuss Google’s recent update and what should we do about it.
June 2021 Core Algorithm Update
Google’s new broad core algorithm update was launched on Wednesday, 2nd June 2021: it is called the June 2021 Core Update, announced by Google’s search liaison Danny Sullivan, adding that we should also expect another update from July 2021 next month.
- Google has been releasing an update to Google’s Core Algorithm every few months or so.
- It is about six months since the last major update, the core update in December 2020.
- Before that, it was seven months since the major update in May 2020.
- So, this update took more time than previous updates, but we can expect another update within a month from now.
Two Core Updates
- The two updates were originally intended to be one, however, some features were not completed in time.
- So, Google has decided to move on with what’s ready and the rest will come next month.
- Google claims not to panic too much as most sites are unlikely to notice the effects of the update.
Google’s Danny Sullivan states on Twitter:
“Some of our planned improvements for the June 2021 update aren’t quite ready, so we’re moving ahead with the parts that are, then we will follow with the rest with the July 2021 update. Most sites won’t notice either of these updates, as is typical with any core updates….”
What to expect
As with any Google algorithm update, your website ranking can go up, down, or remain stable. But if the June 2021 core update applies to you, the impact could be reversed with the update.
Google also said that most sites wouldn’t normally notice updates, but the SEOs who run a lot of sites will likely give you a lot of changes in Google’s search results.
Additionally, due to the two-part nature of this update, changes may be made to a number of content and sites in June 2021 that will be reversed in July 2021.
This update will be rolled out worldwide, and will affect all languages and will take about two weeks to roll out completely.
Google will confirm the completion of the rollout, which is expected ahead of the page experience update scheduled for mid – June.
Why is Google releasing these updates?
Google has a blog post explaining why these basic updates are important: Google Blog.
- These frequent releases remind site owners that updates are made to improve the quality of search results thousands of times a year.
- This is an attempt of Google to stay competitive with other search engines and meet the needs of its user base.
- The blog then discusses the growth of the Internet and the content being created.
- Also don’t forget, the Google Page Experience update will roll out starting June 21st.
- This update has been postponed since May and focuses on penalizing or rewarding websites based on Core Web Vitals.
The next two months are very important for SEO, as the overall broad core algorithm update and the page experience update will be expected in the coming weeks. Google says websites may not notice the impact of overall updates, but if you notice a change in ranking, it’s important to be positive.
Make sure you optimize your website according to the latest Google’s guidelines. After all, your website is the door for your users, not updates. If your users are happy with your website, you will likely benefit from higher rankings.