Why Are Google Reviews Important for Your Business SEO Rankings?
5,386 total views, 1 views today
When it comes to searching for a new product or service, it’s not surprising that most people go to Google. With 3.5 billion searches a day, consumers use Google to help them find the best local businesses and services. This is also where users determine if a company is reliable. Reviews are a key indicator for customers for all business sizes. And they are especially important for getting your initial customers if you start your business.
Local search results place a strong emphasis on Google reviews, which also affect SEO positioning. As important as curating reviews on Facebook or Yelp, Google reviews reign supreme. One in seven visitors is ready to take immediate action on their results. It is thus important to make a good first impression.
In many cases, the first time a potential customer comes into contact with your business will be on Google. The search engine no. 1 is often the place where consumers look for information about the businesses. User ratings and reviews are displayed in the foreground in Google Searches and Google Maps. It is important that your company publishes reviews on Google.
Before establishing a review strategy, you must first make sure that your business is verified by Google. Fortunately, Google makes this process as simple as possible. Go to Google My Business to register your business with proper information such as business name, address, phone number, website, store time, etc. To complete the process, Google will send a postcard to your business with a unique PIN within two weeks.
Once you have verified your business, you can start interacting with your reviewers.
How to sign up for Google My Business?
- The first stage to get listed on Google My Business is to sign up.
- Visit Google My Business and click on “START NOW”
- If you already own a Google account, you can sign in with that, else you would be required to create a new account.
How to claim your business on Google?
- First, search for your business using the name and address. If your business is already registered, it will appear in the search results.
- Otherwise, you can continue by filling out the form with the necessary details and checking your activity.
- There are many ways to request and verify your business, but not all options will be available.
- All businesses can be verified by postcard (it will take a few days), some businesses can be verified by telephone or e-mail.
- If your website has already been verified with Google Analytics and Search Console, you can even verify the listing immediately.
How to add your business to Google Maps?
- To add a list, you need to add your address and also select the location of your business on the map.
- Adding the list via a mobile device can help you find the exact location of your business if the GPS function is active.
- After adding the location, continue to add information about your business.
- To complete the configuration of your business, you need to choose an appropriate business category, add contact details and a website URL.
- The final step is to check your activity by clicking “Continue” and choosing the appropriate verification options available.
Read our guides below on how to manage and maintain your Google My Business listing:
Promote your Google My Business Listing
Once you have verified your business listing, it is advisable to inform your customers of its existence and encourage reviews. You can do this by sharing the link on Facebook, Twitter, WhatsApp, and any other social platform on which your business is active. Another tactic of collecting reviews is to place a call-to-action button on your website. This will direct users to your Google page, which will allow them to give you a better review.
Always Reply to Reviews
You must always respond to the reviews received, from the most negative to the most positive. This shows potential customers that you are committed and willing to do everything possible to ensure their satisfaction. Responding also encourages more users to leave reviews because it is obvious that their comments will be evaluated and taken into account.
Never Pay for Reviews
Encouraging users to submit a review by paying them or offering discounts violates the Google Terms of Service and may result in their removal. Asking your current and previous customers to evaluate your business is acceptable, as long as you ask for unbiased and honest reviews. A positive review will not be useful if users can say that it is not authentic.
How to Leave A Review?
Now that you know how to organize and respond to reviews, let’s take a look at the process to leave one. It’s quite simple, start by opening Google Maps on your computer. Then look for a company/service with a physical location. On the left side of the screen, you’ll see an option to “Write a Review”. By clicking on it, you will be able to leave a star rating and write a review for the business. In the end, the review is published!
Reviews Help You Improve Your Business
In general, reviews are a great way to listen to your customers and see what you are doing well and what you can improve. Reviews can create a climate of trust with potential customers who may not know you yet.
Set Up A System to Have Periodic Reviews
The businesses that do it well encourage their customers’ reviews during interactions and especially after a sale. Then they receive reviews on the spot before the customer has time to go home and forget about it. This ensures that each week the company receives a number of fresh reviews, which is essential to your future customers’ relevance.
You should integrate the review into your product experience, tell your staff how to ask for reviews, and expect reviews to be a key performance indicator for your company and your staff.
Online reviews represent 10% of the way search engines rank your website. This means that the more regular and recent your reviews are, the more they will influence the results of your search engine and push you upwards.
So now, when you have learned about Google reviews, how about trying it practically by sharing your reviews on SetBlue.com services? You can share your reviews by following this link: http://bit.ly/2QUfBDB