Getting started with a website or software application is not easy. Finding the right partner for your work is undoubtedly the most important part of the entire process. The dilemma is always about whom to hire—Freelance Developer and Agency.
In today’s world, with its modern technology and day-by-day advancements, people have become increasingly interested in online marketing and eCommerce. They are becoming increasingly comfortable with the choices available to them to be updated about anything they love or use.
Today 90% of the world around us is leveraging digital marketing for their business purposes. As a result, the majority of companies have marked mobile marketing and eCommerce as higher priorities. This has led to a growing demand for web developers.
However, choosing a good web developer or a web designer can be very difficult if you don’t know what to look for! Hiring an agency might seem like a good idea at first glance but it can also be quite costly over time if you don’t have enough knowledge about their services before hiring them as your partner in business development!
If you want to grow your business and develop a product that is going to be the talk of the town, then outsourcing is what you should opt for.
But when it comes to choosing between a freelance developer and an agency, there is one big question that everyone has in mind: which one is better?
We will be covering some pros and cons in this article so that it is easy for you to choose the best option. So steady yourselves while we comprehensively cover how to choose between freelance developer and agency topics for you!
Should You Hire an Agency or a Freelancer?
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, and the “one size fits all” logic doesn’t really apply here. It all depends on the project requirement and how much time you have to complete it.
The Pros of Working with a Freelancer
- When your business is just starting out, you need to focus on cost-cutting and expenses. You’ll also be in the midst of uncertainty as to whether or not your business will be profitable. In order to reduce costs, hiring a freelancer is more economical than working with a digital agency.
- Freelancers are hired to work on projects as independent developers. They have the ability to provide all the services related to website, mobile, and software development, including marketing. These individuals have served as experts in their respective fields and have a great deal of experience as developers.
- Freelancers are people who offer their time and labor for a fee. They can work remotely, which means they do not have to come into an office every day. This allows them to work as much or as little as needed, depending on the needs of their clients.
- Freelancers are a great resource for short-term projects and tasks that require specific specialization.
- You can hire dedicated freelance developers from websites like Fiverr, Upwork, Behance, etc.
Cons to Consider When Working With a Freelancer
- The problem with working with freelancers is that you may need to hire more than one freelancer while developing your project which results in ambiguity in working criteria.
- Freelancers are often working on multiple projects at one time, which can make the project, task, and deadline crash on their heads. They become too exhausted to perform well under so much pressure. This can affect the performance of the project and bring unsatisfying results to all.
- Oftentimes, the biggest problem with outsourcing projects to freelancers is that it lacks credibility and security as they don’t sign an official agreement with the client for the completion of the project. Sometimes there are certain reasons and factors which can cause freelancers to quit your project in the middle. As they are not bound to you by any legal or moral obligations, you cannot compel them to finish the work they started.
- The main problem of freelancers is that they are just connected to you via an internet connection. If they leave, it can cause a great loss to you. You will have to bring in replacements, but new freelancers would have to go through the whole process again and it may create confusion for them to continue it.
The Pros of Working with a Professional Web Development Agency
- An agency is an organization that has a team of specialists in various fields, including graphic design, copywriting, search engine optimization, and more.
- These specialists will work together to create a website or other online presence for your business. They can do this quickly and efficiently due to their experience in creating websites for clients like yours.
- An agency is a group of people that work together for a common goal, where people work in a well-organized manner and coordinate with each other. This is the key to working smoothly without any hindrance.
- When you hire an agency, you’re not only getting a team of experts who can get the job done, but also a guarantee that their work will be done well. They’ll work hard to ensure that everything is handled correctly and professionally—and if there are any problems, they’ll make sure they’re addressed quickly.
- Agencies have the ability to provide a constant stream of new and innovative ideas, which is crucial for the growth of businesses. They can help businesses by providing the resources they need to develop new strategies and technologies that will allow them to adapt to these changes while maintaining their competitive edge.
- Agencies always strive to be at the forefront of new technologies, so they can implement them into their processes more efficiently.
- Trustworthiness is a key factor in the success of any business. If your product or service is not good enough, no one will use it. Agencies add credibility to their clients’ products by working hard to meet deadlines and completing tasks as requested.
Cons to Consider When Working With a Professional Web Development Agency
- Web development agencies are more expensive than freelancers—but they’re worth it. Hiring an agency means you’ll get the best of the best. They’ll have years of experience and know what it takes to make your website really shine.
- Agencies lack flexibility, as they work on a traditional working schedule. But as goal-oriented organizations, they meet the needs of customers in the best possible way.
- An agency works as a team, and each member of the team is accountable for the task at hand. A client often has difficulty communicating directly with the person rendering the services and managing the whole task. This can lead to delays in getting work completed on time.
As we have already seen, both agency and freelancer developers have their own pros and cons. Therefore, it can be challenging to choose between a freelance developer and agency. Both are working hard to satisfy the client’s needs. When choosing an agency or freelancer for your project, it’s important to consider your business’s needs, jobs, budget, flexibility and time. To make the best decision possible, you should look at the project prerequisite and expertise of each option. A good strategy is to outsource bigger projects to web agencies where multiple skills are required; however, smaller tasks are better suited to be handled by freelancers who specialize in a certain field.
At SetBlue, we’re all about making your company look good. That’s why we offer a full suite of services that will make your website look amazing: from logo design to web development to mobile application development and UI/UX design.
Image Source – Pexels